Monday, May 12, 2008

Moms

I am a momma's boy. Yes, Amy is fully aware of this and I'm about 98.5% sure she's okay with it. Mother's Day was awesome. At lunch yesterday we had every possible category of Mom there. There were two great-grandmothers, two new grandmothers, one grandmother-to-be, one new mom and best of all my beautiful wife and mom-to-be, Amy. It was quite a celebration of Mom!





I have been blessed to have these mother's (and others who weren't there) in my life more than I can say. A mother's love is something I will never fully understand (for obvious reasons) but I am so thankful to be on the receiving end. It is such a blessing to know too that my baby's momma will love them in that same way.


This time next year I'm sure this day will be a completely different experience. Since I'm not the one who's been sick and miserable carrying this baby it still seems very surreal to me. But every now and then I catch a glimpse of Amy with her hand on her belly and this look in her eyes and I can already see that mother's love pouring out of her.


Thank you Mom for showing me the unconditional love of God. Thank you Amy for being the woman you are who will love our children in the same way.


Most of all, thank you God for blessing my life with all these beautiful women. They truly reflect your glory in their lives.

No comments: